At Harvest we desire that men be men by a biblical definition. God has commissioned men with the privilege of being the spiritual leaders in the home and the Church. Our men's ministry seeks to develop men in their leadership and personal integrity as we seek to live lives glorifying to the Lord.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14 says, "Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men,
let all that you do be done in love."
The backbone of men’s ministry is our Small Groups.
This church-wide commitment to meet as groups of 8-16 people is the key to our discipleship ministry. Group members are encouraged to spur one another on to grasp who they are in Christ and how to live for Him more intentionally.
Men’s ministry will generally host one activity a quarter with the following 3 goals in mind:
1) Connecting men with men: getting an individual connected to a small group.
2) Small groups of men coming together for the purpose of …
· Going deeper together spiritually
· Exhorting men to biblical manhood and leadership
· Bonding in brotherhood with one another
· Championing the Word of God
· Focusing on and living out the gospel
· Breaking down strongholds of sin
· Lifting high the name of Christ through worship
· Interceding for one another in prayer
· Equipping men to use their abilities for investing in others
3) Going back to their weekly small group energized and stronger in their faith as individuals and as an uncommon community of men.